Code of Ethics
- Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the customer which of these is required now to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- Offer customers a price estimate for work to be performed and stick to the estimate*.
- Obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- Make every effort to keep the customer informed about appointments and completion deadlines.
- Furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any new, used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- Exercise reasonable care and respect for the customer’s property while it is being serviced.
- Make every effort to fix the customer’s vehicle right the “first time”.
*The estimate price will be upheld, unless there are problems that arise during the work. If there are issues that cause the estimate price to rise you’ll be notified immediately.